As you will be aware, from 13th December 2014 there were big changes to the information that food businesses must give to their customers. There are 14 major allergens which need to be declared when used as ingredients: Celery / Cereals containing gluten / Crustaceans / Eggs / Fish / Lupin / Milk / Molluscs / Mustard / Nuts / Peanuts / Sesame Seeds / Soya / Sulphur dioxide.
HOW CAN CATERITE HELP?
• Country Range Support – All Caterite customers have access to an online database of own brand and branded products at www.crgsupport.co.uk. This free-to-use site allows users to search for a product by description or brand and provides information on the allergens contained within each product.
• K2N Nutritional Software – This subscription-based online software provides exceptional value for money and allows users to create/manage their recipes online. Users are then able to print menu cards that automatically display allergen information. Users can use product information already present on K2N or can create their own ingredients quickly and easily. For more information about this, visit www.k2n.co.uk.
• Updated Information on www.caterite.co.uk - We are constantly collating the information on allergens from our suppliers. Look out on our website for our latest product updates where you can download an Excel spread sheet and search conveniently by product code or description.
• Information on our products – information on allergens contained within the products we pack at Caterite (such as fresh meat and cheese) will be available on the product labels. Information on the allergens contained within the loose fresh fruit and vegetables we sell will be available by contacting our Telesales Department or contacting your Area Sales Manager.
• Recipe templates are available on our website for users to download and print. These templates can be used to list ingredients within a meal or dish and highlight any allergens that may be contained to any potential customers.
Software that takes the hard work out of nutrient management - When the nutritional value of the meals you serve is important for either health or lifestyle reasons, it's essential that you get it right. But it's a task that can be challenging and time consuming. The Country Range Group have done the hard work for you, and eliminated the guesswork. Our K2N nutritional software is an easy-to-use, secure online tool that helps you achieve the correct nutritional values of every meal you serve....even to every individual you serve.
Full control over nutrition - K2N checks the balance of your meals and menus against the dietary requirements or different customer types, RDAs as defined by the FSA or your own standards. You can use either pre-set RDAs or create your own profile to suit customers' individual needs, setting specific targets and controlling what you serve to meet them. With K2N, planning and preparing meals is no longer a complex equation of calories, fats, salt and carbohydrates.
This simple-to-use, point-and-click tool makes it easy to:
- Determine the nutritional content of the food you supply.
- See at a glance if what you are serving meets the nutritional needs of the people you are serving it to.
- Ensure you have the correct quantities of the correct ingredients.
- K2N is an online program that you can access securely from any computer with the correct username and password.
To find out more, take a tour at www.k2n.co.uk and speak to your Account Manager.