We are currently looking for Production Operatives to join our prepared fruit and vegetable team at the Caterprep site in Penrith, helping to prepare fruit and vegetables in our production rooms for caterers throughout Cumbria and South West Scotland. This is a great opportunity to join a finalist in the Cumbria life awards 2019 for best business, with a friendly vibrant atmosphere and team. previous production work experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
About the Role
We currently produce a range of quality fresh fruit and vegetables that are peeled, sliced, diced or cut into various shapes and sizes, you will be working within one of the production rooms preparing each product using various machinery or equipment and packing them into large tubs ready for bagging and labelling, production is set around customers daily orders which makes for a fast-moving, busy and varied day. Successful candidates will be required to work 5 days per week between Monday and Friday with shift hours of 06:00 hrs to 14:30 hrs.
- Preparation of products.
- Light to medium lifting of products required.
- Quality checking of products.
- Keeping paperwork up to date.
- Packing finished products.
- Picking and palletising orders ready for despatch.
- Replenishing stock of all shapes and sizes in the warehouse.
- Operating machinery and equipment (don’t worry, we’ll fully train you on how to use all the equipment safely and effectively).
- Maintaining the high standards of operation in the production and storage areas.
Experience in working within the busy environments of a production department is of advantage but full training on machinery, procedures and systems will be provided. The shift can go from relaxed to hectic at times, as the workload can quickly change depending on the amount of orders received therefore a flexible, focused and hands-on approach is of benefit.
You’ll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, be able to work under pressure to deadlines and targets, working with your team to deliver great results. You’ll have an enthusiastic approach to learning new skills. You will have excellent communication skills with good attention to detail and a can-do attitude. You’ll deliver high standards, working accurately and efficiently. You care about delivering goods to customers ‘on time in full’ as ensuring customers have the right stock at the right time means our products are always available for our customers.
Pay Rates start at £9.00 per hour.
- Discounted Company online shopping account.
- 28 days holiday per year.
- The Peoples pension scheme membership
- Long service bonus
To apply, please send your CV to David Revitt, Caterite Food and Wineservice Ltd, Embleton, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9YA
email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover information.